Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Darth Double Dogs

I turned 31 this last weekend. A few weeks ago Jeanne asked me if there was anything special I wanted to do this year. For some reason memories of my brother and me having themed parties growing up immediately flooded my head. I shared a few of those memories with her and we both decided a Star Wars themed party was the plan for this year!

The party was Saturday and I brought out a good portion of my Star Wars memorabilia including old collectors toys, a soundtrack, games, trading cards, and an old poster. We even utilized my new SW cookbooks I received as Christmas gifts a few months ago. We made TIE Fighter Dogs, Bubble City Salad, Darth Double Dogs, and Han-burgers.

The prerequisite for attending the party was that each person had to try and dress up as a Star Wars character. This was by far the most exciting bit of the party! What a fantastic time! On to pictures...

Josh as Luke Skywalker


Mike and Lianne as Queen Amidala and Obi-wan Kenobi


Rob and Rachel as Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker


A Jedi trio (Anakin, Obi-wan, and Luke)


Jeanne and me as Princess Leia and Han Solo


No messin' with Princess Leia!


Wielding Darth Double Dogs! The Jedi Knight on the far right is my co-worker Mike...


Star Wars Trivial Pursuit


Memorabilia


A fine resemblance to Anakin =)


An orbiting TIE Interceptor

2 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is too funny! Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you took pictures!

Grant and Cole are OBSESSED with Star Wars. We have action figures, light sabers Legos and all of the movies. The only one they are not allowed to watch is #3.

What a totally cool idea. One we might have to steal for Grant's b-day!

Andrew and Joanne said...

Where is the pic of the Darth Double Dogs????