The question now is whether this is part of a seasonal slide--the second quarter is traditionally weak for semiconductor companies--or the effect of a nasty price war initiated by chip king Intel after AMD began to eat into its market share.
I personally think that AMD's approach to minimal advertising and plowing back those funds into the development of their chip has come to bite them in the butt. Advertising has and always will be a way to deliver the message no matter the advertising approach. Again, this is just a quick thought and I have no hard evidence to support this other than working for a company that sells AMD in the past and watching mass media that consistently advertises Intel.
1 comment:
I personally think that AMD's approach to minimal advertising and plowing back those funds into the development of their chip has come to bite them in the butt. Advertising has and always will be a way to deliver the message no matter the advertising approach. Again, this is just a quick thought and I have no hard evidence to support this other than working for a company that sells AMD in the past and watching mass media that consistently advertises Intel.
Post a Comment