Sunday, January 21, 2007

Router demise

Ah, the middle of January. Still winter, almost spring, summer is a short few months away, than comes fall, my favorite season of the year (next to winter and spring of course). Harrod's of London to start their Christmas season again in August? I say yes. Why you ask? They are wise.

My router died today. Rest in peace my fair and just firewalling genius. So what was there to do today? Um, nothing. I made quesadillas, with re-fried beans and tomatoes. It was a very satisfying supper enhanced by the entertaining 2 hour epic Beetlejuice which aired on channel 110. I'll always strongly contend that the film was loosely based on true events. Desert was Tillamook cookies-n-cream ice cream. Heaven in a carton. Try it. Yummy in the tummy.

Waiting for a replacement router. I'm currently using the neighbor's wireless to write this blog entry on the internet. Why people do not secure their routers continues to eat at my brain like flesh eating bacteria. Here are instructions, plus or minus manufacturer specifics. First, bring up a browser. Second, type in 198.162.1.1. Third, default username/password entries usually are admin/admin. Fourth, enter an SSID. Fifth, do not broadcast the SSID. Sixth, configure a WEP 64 or 128 bit key. Seventh, click save. Easy. Peasy. Eighth, share the SSID and WEP key carefully. Echoing Deep Throat and X from the X-files, 'Trust no one'. Good advice.

Monday tomorrow. I like mondays. I look forward to telling co-workers 'Looks like someone has the case of the mondays'. 'Office Space', another true epic. I also look forward to gracing you all and my blog with a python representation of my typical work day. Interesting and fun, blogging and work. And me. I rock. Like Motley Crue. And Winger.

Til' next time.

Postscript. Goodnight.

Postscript. Postscript. I have re-'scripted' the previous postscript since I last hit the publish button. I mentioned Peet's producing in my belly flatulence. Hmmm, I am not so sure it was that. I believe it to be the pickled asparagus I snacked on earlier in the day. Just wanted to set the record straight.

1 comment:

Robert and Rachel said...

Thanks for the "update your router firmware" hint. That did solve my wireless router problem.